Thursday, March 20, 2008

Photo of the Day: The Big Time Movie Making Business Visits DC - Aka Russell Crowe

Did I ever tell you about the time I auditioned to be an extra on a Russell Crowe movie and then didn't get a call back? I guess you have to be SAG just to be an extra, too, or something. All I wanted was to be on a big-time movie set.

Close enough!




Rachel & Russell


the man - kevin macdonald ("The Last King of Scotland")


3/24 - I had requests for "more Rachel"... here you go boys...



....and all three together!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lucky YOU! I've seen Russell in concert three times, and met him right after the last concert in NYC, 2006. Cool dude!

lacochran's evil twin said...

You got close! But not close enough to get a cell phone up side your head. :) Good for you!

gpliving said...

I saw Crowe behind the wheel of a car (that was on top of a flatbed tow-truck with a camera shining in the car's window) last night on K St NW (at about 13th)!

Jobless said...

He and the crew were spotted at 19th and I Street on Saturday, too. Lots of walking down the street, going into a building, walking out of a building... a full day of one shot, same ol same ol. I love the movies!

dizzler said...

I was there with the marching band...instructor of the rifles actually. Everyone was super nice! If you have any other pictures I'd love to see them!

Jobless said...

cool! sorry, I didn't get much of the band... I couldn't take pictures while the camera was rolling (said the crew guy pacing the sidewalks).

Sorority in the City said...

Fancy I stumble across your blog right after talking about this very same movie on mine.

Oh what a small DC we live in. :P

Tim said...

were you stalking him or did you stumble upon the set? just knew about the filming because you like movies i guess... i would have stalked.

Jobless said...

I love to stalk, too! but this was down the street and I could hear the band playing in the morning... I know, not a very impressive story...

John G. Potter said...

i'm not ashamed to stay i stalked out this shoot during lunch break.