Monday, March 3, 2008

Photo of the Day: Margaritaville



The last couple of weeks, I've had dreams of Miami--the February destination that was one of my business trips over the last three years. (Note: For the job I left.) I never realized how much the guilt-free ways of that sunny, manicured town balanced the conservative and calculated ways of DC. Seriously, the day I came back from the South Beach for the first time, I sat at the outdoor seating at Sparky's, surrounded by my usual concrete solace, and realized how much I had gone to the drab and dreary, black-and-white dark side. The lounge couches and billowing tapestries at the Delano and private parties at the Versace mansion were my secret (though very slight) sin, and my salvation. But ever grateful: the margarita at Lauriol today is doing the trick. I recommend it to anyone who can take a long lunch, or a day off, for your health's sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although Lauriol has better "sights and sounds"... the Margarita Del Reys at La Plaza beat Lauriol's hands down...

Jobless said...

I bet! So does Tia Queda in Bethesda. But Lauriol is 2 blocks away... ;)