Thursday, May 8, 2008

Reality Check: Stevie Wonder

First of all--Let me tell you how much I love Stevie Wonder. That dude is the shit people... he's happy just singing, playing the hell out of a piano or harmonica, and spreading the funk. "Sir Duke" will cheer up any gloomy, wet day, guaranteed, friends. I walk differently listening to Stevie Wonder, I don't buy things I don't need listening to Stevie Wonder, I just keep it REAL listening to Stevie Wonder, you know what I'm saying? And "In the City"... shoot, that's good stuff. This idea of "real" has been at the forefront of a few weeks of traveling without a job and visiting to two very different but similar places: Buenos Aires and New Orleans. Complex, I know. What's real? (For me anyway, at this point?) Stevie Wonder. We'll go from there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I walk differently listening to Stevie Wonder, I don't buy things I don't need listening to Stevie Wonder, I just keep it REAL listening to Stevie Wonder, you know what I'm saying?"

Most amazingly accurate portrayal of that man's music. Hands down the quote of the day.

City Girl DC said...

Tell me about it! He is my all- time favorite musical artist: writer, singer, musician. He can do it all and fantastically. He is a visionary yet down to earth enough to make you just want to have dinner with him. I love that man!

Jobless said...

cool, cool... I'm glad you ladies agree. It's hard to get the kids these days to get past the 80's and the scars of "I just called to say I love you" played over and over on the radio or sung by their moms, you know? STEVIE RULES