Wednesday, June 11, 2008

R.I.P. - Little Bird


I buried a little bird today, which was very sad, because I had just spoken with it yesterday when I found it, alive and chirping, on my walkway... but I sensed a little anxiety at being so close to a big-person, and probably the first big-person it had spoken with. So I said goodbye and wished it luck as it tried to fly again or whatever.

This morning, I found it in the rain gutter. I knew I should have gone back out to check on it later in the day, feed it some bread or a bug or something. And then the storm last night! That rain must have been too much for it's little bird wings.

I once did a short film about a dead bird. It was called Pticka ("little bird" in Bulgarian). Well, really, it was about how the murder of a little bird affected a young boy and, as a man, he goes into a mass-murdering frenzy. It was a horror flick.

Ciao, little bird.

No comments: